Diabetes Advocate Doris Hobbs Blog About It...

Doris Allows Us to Walk in Her Heels as a Diabetic... 


A Few Interesting Facts About Type1 Diabetic Doris...


1. NO Glam Squad I may work PR for a luxury beauty line, Belleci Cosmetics however I do my own make-up and hair for all my Magazine Editorials and Photo-Shoots. 


2. Secret Career Desire I secretly always wanted to be a Motivational Speaker.*Watch me speak at the Sacramento Women’s Expo on October 28th


3. Co-Designer In 2015 I Co-Designed a full collection of Corsets for a sought-after Corsettery Company and wear corsets daily for up to 6 hours.

Follow her campaign at www.richinlovefashion.com


How did you know you had diabetes? What were your symptoms?

I had several signs indicating the beginning stages of diabetes in January 2014 however I hesitated to have any form of laboratory testing completed until October 2014. After then I had already lost a large amount of weight, experienced lost vision and all-day lethargy.

How was it transitioning from being a diabetic in the hospital to being a diabetic at home? How long were you in the hospital?

I was admitted during the midnight hours on the 23rd of October and released about 2 am the following morning from the ER. 

Did your friends or family treat you differently?

Aside from a select group of family and friends that knew of my health struggles, the average reaction is typically disbelief.

What are some things that you do to keep your blood sugar under control?

You must change your lifestyle and mind-set! I have taken my A1C from a 11.2% to 5.9% in under 3 years from eating clean, a daily fitness routine 7 days a week, and a mindset that consist of this motto I created for myself and share often with others: Diabetes doesn’t control me, I control Diabetes!

What advice would you give to other diabetics?

Through my personal journey I found myself operating my mind-set like everyone else where I would speak of the things I didn’t want forgetting that - thoughts become things. It wasn’t until I literally was diagnosed as a type one diabetic (T1D) I pumped the breaks to re-assist my perspective of life in general. Two days later with the action of blind trust, gratitude and the desire to grow I truly discovered that Every setback is the setup for the Glamour in Life ™ 


Does any of your family or friends have diabetes?

Yes, My father since 2 years old and my Sister at the age of 21.

Have you had any embarrassing encounters with other people that didn't know you had diabetes? What happened?

No just plenty of individuals that believe they are exempt from ever developing one form of diabetes or have no knowledge of the auto-immune disease. 

If you could look Diabetes in the face, what will you tell it?

Thank you for making me the women I am today.



Written by Anjellica Sharpe
Creator of Heeling Diabetes INC
Heel. Empower. Educate. Life
www.heelingdiabetes.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diabetes Advocate Natalie Balmain

Diabetes Advocates Bare it All